Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring's Here, But The Cleaning Has Yet to Begin

Ah, I'm so enjoying my break from classes. I have a full week ahead of me before my last quarter begins, and that brings many goals--some attainable, some probably not. But I've decided not to panic, just take each step at a time. It seems to be working for me lately, though I have to audibly remind myself when anxiety sets in, which is all part of the Living-with-Donna P-Entertainment-Package. The cats seem enjoy it. They also enjoy staring off into space, so who knows.

On my playlist: a lot of The Cure, Smiths, and Bauhaus. I seem to accomplish quite a bit if Bauhaus is playing, not sure why, but who cares as long it helps me get things done!

Currently reading:  Da Vinci Code. Never read it before, didn't see the movie either. I have a strong aversion to films that are incredibly hyped (Titanic, for example) so I had no desire to see it. The other day I was watching History Channel (one of my favorites) and they had a special on Da Vinci's symbolism in his work. My awesome boyfriend Alex naturally had a copy of the book sitting on his shelf so I grabbed that and started reading. I can always count on his fascination with history, philosophy, theology and politics to assist me when something comes along my way that I just have to learn about asap. I'm about two-thirds of the way through and surprisingly, I really would like to see the film.

Goals for the week: Clean. Super exciting, but my art studio/office/sewing area is pretty chaotic at the moment. Once that's done, I have a few sewing projects to begin. Alex bought me a sewing machine for Christmas and I haven't even had the chance to make anything. It's already in the 80s here, so I might as well start on some skirts and summer dresses. I want to plan my small patio garden as well, though after three years in Savannah I now know that there are several plants that won't do well in the heat if they're in containers. Cooking something healthy is next on the list, accompanied by some heavy grocery shopping. I started using online coupon sites to help whittle the expenses down now that I quit my job.

Oh yeah, I quit my job! I was a tour guide for a ghost tour in town--loved it, but right now I need to focus on finishing school and getting my website ready for viewing. Happy week everyone!

Sidenote: I did finally see Titanic, and I bawled my eyes out.  

2 comments:

  1. Donna P! Love it! Keep up the good work!
    PS....don't see the movie!!! Bad! I loved the book though I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Kids are overratted. I can see the wanting what you can't have thing, but... Children suck. Of course, coming from someone who can (allegedly) have them..
    2. Congrats on quitting the house! One less person dependent on the scam/fucked-up-edness
    3. We miss you guys. I really wish we'd gotten to know each other better before we moved!
    4. Really awesome artwork!

    ReplyDelete